
This may not be too interesting to most, but I really wanted to blog about it. This is a picture
that hangs in the Bryce Canyon lodge. It is a picture of George Myron
Bybee Jr. He was born in George Town, UT not far from Bryce, which is now a ghost town. He later moved to Tropic, UT, just down the road from George Town, this is where my Grandma Georgia was born. My Great-
Grandfather gave tours around Bryce for many years. I grew up going to family reunions in this area so I feel very at home whenever I am in the area. I still have distant relatives in the area and many
buried at the Tropic and George Town
Cemetery. I love hearing stories about my ancestors it makes me feel closer to my family.

This was my Great-Grandfathers brother
buried in George Town.

The George Town
Cemetery. There are just a few buildings left that testify that there was ever a city there. Ghost Towns are so
fascinating.

My great-grandparents grave in Tropic.

I can't remember how I am related to this person. I better ask my mom!
2 comments:
Good idea to get these things on record.
I think its Grandma Coggle's sister that died in her youth. Best you verify that with Mom though.
Post a Comment